Search this blog

Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Starting this years lesson in wood butchery!

I blame it on Mr. Beecham - he of modelling and cycling prowess. There I was starting another session of garage clearing. I was going to sort my timber stock out and had taken some out. Mr. B arrives and says it looks like I am starting another project. Well I wasn't but after he left my mind started working which as Mrs. Woody says is always a dangerous event! I have been thinking for a long time about My Last Great Project 00 gauge layout. I constructed the baseboards last year and got a rough track layout down during last summer. 

The track layout works for me in general but the configuration of the baseboards does not. Without going into to many details it needs reconfiguration to open up the Man Cave a bit more. 

I have had in the back of my mind a plan to resolve that which will involve a fair amount of upheaval. Given that we still have some reasonable weather it suddenly made sense that whilst I had the timber out I might as well bite the bullet and start the project in the relative warm weather and it would save me having to put it back it the garage! Therefore I spent this afternoon sawing bits of wood and screwing them together to form a base which now needs legs adding. In fact my wood butchery skills even included two half joints which actually were fairly accurate - amazing! 

It doesn't look much at the moment but in my mind I can visualise the finished project. I just need to get that vision into reality!

My Last Great Project,

Hopefully Mrs. W does not mistake my wood butchery skills with those of a carpenter and draw up a list of carpentry type jobs!


No comments:

Post a Comment