Search this blog

Thursday, September 29, 2022

More good timber gets the chop!

My continued cutting of good timber into what I hope will be a god set of baseboards for My Last Great Project continues. I now have nearly three frames complete.

My Last Great Project

You can see how they fit together in this picture below. The gap will be filled with the fourth baseboard which I said would be a simple build but I forgot I want to incorporate a viaduct which will need some interesting woodworking. The overall dimensions will be 11 feet by 6 feet which makes the layout a foot wider than at present but as I will now have a central operating well I need the additional width - or I could go on a diet!

My Last Great Project

This photo shows how the base board will be supported by the framework I built some weeks ago before I got Covid. Note to self - make sure you pose the baseboards the right way around before taking photo!

I still need to add the legs to the supporting frames but hopefully by the end of next week things should be about ready to install in the Man Cave - famous last words!

My Last Great Project


No comments:

Post a Comment