Search this blog

Thursday, September 1, 2022

Unusual!

Mrs. Woody is off work for the next few days so we had a day in Stamford. The town is unusual in that it is a very historic town with much of its Georgian character retained to the extent that it is a sought after back drop to historical film and TV productions. However on our walk around some of the back streets I did come across this rather unusual road sign that dates back to the pre 1960s and should no longer be in place on the public highway. However it does now have that historic charm so it survives and rightly so in my view! Looks far more in character with the surroundings then the modern high visibility signs do.

Stamford

On another unusual matter I managed a bit more on the Ryefield Models T34 122. The front panel to the hull along with its various tow hooks is in place and attention is now on the wheels. I have built a lot of tank kits over the years and it is always a fiddle to paint the rubber tyres on the wheels. However Ryefield have adopted an unusual way of moulding the wheel which I have not seen on other kits. The rubber tyre and steel wheel are separate items.

Ryefield Models T34 122

This means that I can paint the wheels and tyres seperately before gluing them together which will be so much easier. Something going easier for me? How unusual!

Ryefield Models T34 122

Although a bit fiddly to cut away cleanly from the sprue I have managed to get the parts ready for 10 of the 24 wheels. I might finish them by the weekend - that rate of progress would be unusual for me!



Ryefield Models T34 122



No comments:

Post a Comment