Search this blog

Sunday, September 4, 2022

That special day - 18 'til I die!

Another year gone by! However as the great Bryan Adams sung - 18 'til I die! 

It was a great day. Started with a 25 mile bike ride then Mrs. Woody gave me a card (including one from the cats!) and a few presents which included some model railway stock which I will talk about another time but this box of goodies did look ever so inviting....

There are three layers of various chocolate bars - I can already feel the weight gain!

Off to the Rocks by Rail Museum after that where I visited as a guest and did a Driver for a Fiver getting to be at the controls of Betty whilst Mrs. W watched me! We did not crash!

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

There aws lots going on with some of the volunteers cleaning the fire box of one of the steam locos or trying out for an audition as a chimney sweep!

Rocks by Rail Museum

Not sure if Mrs. W would allow me back in the house if I came home looking like that! They were enjoying it though!

It was then off to the Ropsley Heath Light Railway which doesn't open to the public very often so being my Birthday I thought it must be specially for me! They had a great deal there with Alpacas...

Ropsley Heath Light Railway

Classic cars....

Ropsley Heath Light Railway

Ropsley Heath Light Railway

Ropsley Heath Light Railway

Classic fire engines

Ropsley Heath Light Railway

would you want to ride this with the petrol tank right in front of you?


Ropsley Heath Light Railway

Ropsley Heath Light Railway

There was a garden railway...

Ropsley Heath Light Railway

Then there was the main attraction - the 10 1/2 inch gauge line which runs a half mile lap. There is a diesel and a steam engine and we managed to ride on both! 

Ropsley Heath Light Railway

Ropsley Heath Light Railway

Back at WMD HQ Mrs. W cooked me a great birthday meal and I then even had time for an hour on the Ryefield T34/122 where the external fuel tanks are coming along!

Ryefield Models T34 122

A really great day - Thanks Mrs. W! 

No comments:

Post a Comment