Search this blog

Friday, September 9, 2022

RIP Queen Elizabeth, God Save The KIng!

RIP Queen Elizabeth, God Save The King

A strange time for the UK. Most of the population, including me, have only known The Queen as the Monarch and now she has gone. What ever your thoughts on the Royal Family are, The Queen has always been that stable factor in many of our lives. Always a calming voice in times of troubles, always carrying out her duties with dignity but with an ability, from what people say, to put individuals at ease. As part of a military family I saw The Queen several times but both my parents did meet her briefly but long enough to be in their memories for all time. 

I did go out on my daily bike ride this morning and saw the Union Jack at half mast in all the villages I past through just like the one in my village pictured above. Even in this age of the internet and 24 hour news channels people were buying newspapers in numbers probably not seen for years. Possibly not so much for the news but for the information of The Queen's past life and her achievements and experiences. I always say that you find out so much more about someone when they die which is a shame as on many occasions I wish I had known that someone had certain interests or experiences as I would have loved to have talked with them about them. I suppose the moral is talk with people more! 

No talk of model making today. I did not do any work on my Last Great Project - I just felt operating electric saws and similar was not the thing to do especially as the village church bells rang for an hour today and I was not going to ruin that for my neighbours.

Things will change as we move on. Everything from coins, bank notes, stamps, passports through to the names on buildings will change to reflect the new King. In the meantime we all need to get used to singing God Save The King and hope that King Charles III will, whilst putting his own mark on the Monarchy, reign in a manner similar to his Mother.

God Save The King.

No comments:

Post a Comment