Search this blog

Friday, September 2, 2022

Good progress!

Some good progress on the T34/122 kit with all the wheels now prepared and ready for painting and work now focused on the upper hull.

Ryefield Models T34 122

Rapid progress perhaps reflects the relative simplicity of the kit but the details are there and present when you compare the hull to the Italeri and MiniArt kits I have previously built. This kit has more of the feel of a Tamiya kit where there is good detail but you don't need the skills and dexterity of a brain surgeon to build it. Hopefully I have not made my opinion too early on this kit and that it continues in the same vein as assembly moves on.

As an aside I was looking back on some photos I took yesterday whilst out with Mrs. Woody in Stamford, Lincolnshire. As modellers we sometimes get too focused and even obsessive on ensuring that everything is built in a straight line and is true and even. This is not always reflective of true life and I did spot this chimney on a building near to the town centre.

Stamford

Its not the cameras focus. The chimney really is leaning that much. The pointing on the brickwork looks good so I can only assume that it is structurally safe but in a gale I would rather not be sleeping in the room directly below!

No comments:

Post a Comment