Search this blog

Thursday, September 22, 2022

Finding things I forgot about!

Things are getting desperate at the WMD HQ Man Cave with me falling over stuff left lying about so it is time for a tidy and sort out. For me and no doubt others this sort of activity reveals two things. Firstly you have too much stuff and secondly you find things you had forgotten you ever had.

A case in point for me was discovering a Hornby Train Pack. I have several of these but had forgotten about this one which I picked up for a bargain price some years back at the Bure Valley Model Railway Shop in Norfolk. This particular one was a licensed Olympic Celebration pack issued back in 2012 as a limited edition of 1948 sets of which this is 157. It contains an N2 0-6-2 locomotive and two teak carriages as would have been used at the time of the 1948 Olympics which were also held in London and the first since the Second World War had ended.

Hornby Olympics Train Pack

Hornby Olympics Train Pack

Hornby Olympics Train Pack

The detail is stunning, just look at the teak effect on the coaches and I know why I bought it in the first place. Just need to find the time to give it a run now!

Hornby Olympics Train Pack

Hornby Olympics Train Pack

Hornby Olympics Train Pack

There are more things I discovered that I had forgotten about in my tidying but I will leave those for another time when Mrs. Woody isn't reading this blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment