Search this blog

Monday, September 12, 2022

Two red lines!

Covid

After two and a half years of avoiding Covid and being triple jabbed both Mrs. Woody and me tested positive for it this evening. I was feeling well this morning having done a 22 mile bike ride but by this evening headache and aching joints for both of us made as reach for the testing kit and confirmation came a few minutes later with two red lines showing themselves on the test pallet. Why any self respecting virus would want to infect me is beyond my understanding but I guess it must be getting desperate for victims!

Had this have happened back in March 2020 I think we would have both panicked but hopefully it will be like a bad cold and we will get over it in a few days. However we are staying away from anyone else to avoid the risk of passing it on.

Despite feeling somewhat rough this evening I had already finished painting the wheels for the T34/122 and I fitted the tyres to the wheels. I have temporarily attached the main wheels to the hull as I still need to construct the tracks but the whole model begins to look a great deal more interesting.

Ryefield Models T34 122,

The tyres were sprayed in Vallejo Grey whilst the wheels are in Vallejo Sand. Rubber never stays black for long as it weathers and ages and the grey is a good representation for this.

Ryefield Models T34 122,

You can see the odd shape of the turret from this aerial view. I still think it looks like a bunker! 

Ryefield Models T34 122,

A few more details have been added to the front including the drivers hatch, spare track links and the splash board which goes over the top of the links. The idea, I believe, is to stop water going up into the drivers hatch and the machine gun port if the tank goes through a large puddle or wades a river. Whether it worked is a question I have never seen an answer to but I guess it must have as just about every T34 I have seen has it fitted.

Ryefield Models T34 122,

You can see the grey rubber gun cover supplied in the kit in some more detail here. It appears to look OK although I believe some modellers do not like this feature of the kit. However it works for me!

Ryefield Models T34 122,

Not sure if anything will get done tomorrow but I will see how I feel after hopefully a good nights sleep and a few flu tablets to see if I can minimise the impact of this Covid virus. 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment