Search this blog

Friday, May 10, 2024

Logs and platform escapades!

For some reason I had to choose today, the hottest day of the year so far, to work in the sun and get on with some logging escapades! The pile of tree parts on the front drive that I have accumulated over the Winter (all for free) and looks an eyesore (well it was free as I tell Mrs. Woody!) is getting smaller as I split and log the wood. Mrs. Woody will be pleased - I hope!


My work space with trusty cross cut saw!

After several hot hours it is a much reduced pile and a log store looking much better for Winter!


Meanwhile, as they say, things are moving, slowly, on the platform for my 00 gauge layout. The platform surface is sprayed with Halfords grey primer for that worn tarmac look and the edging stones are now being painted in a stone colour by brush. A bit of masking tape helps keep a neat edge.

My Last Great Project,

My Last Great Project,

Putting the surface on the base shows how this is coming together rather nicely. Certainly easier to do then my log escapades!

My Last Great Project,


No comments:

Post a Comment