Search this blog

Wednesday, May 8, 2024

The edge!

I am usually on the edge of something - normally a calamity like hitting my thumb as I continue splitting these logs....

Much to the amusement of this nest building pigeon! However, if he builds his nest at the rate of one bit at a time going by what's in his beak, then I may well finish my platform before his nest is built! 

Moving onto model making, today the edge in question is on the platform I am building for my 00 gauge layout. I have already put brick paper on the base but today I added an additional edge that most real platforms have to support the edge slabs of the platform surface.

I started by gluing some more brick paper to mounting card and let that dry.

My Last Great Project,

I then cut strips four brick courses wide. The edge of the strip that would show, although unlikely to be noticed as it points downwards, was coloured in with an appropriate pencil.

My Last Great Project,
 
The edge was then glued to the upper edge of the base.

My Last Great Project,

At the ramped ends the strip was cut as needed.

My Last Great Project,

The end result is what I hoped for.

My Last Great Project,







No comments:

Post a Comment