Search this blog

Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Whose toothbrush????

Following on from the splattered orange paintwork disaster as posted about yesterday, I did try to see if I could sand the paintwork smooth but gave up on that idea after a short while. It just did not work! So Plan B, strip the paint and start again. I have described using Mr Muscle Oven cleaner before when stripping the chrome finish off model parts and it works on paint as well. So out came the aerosol, and it was sprayed. Leaving it for a while to do its job I thought that I needed a brush to get into the various parts of the model and a toothbrush was the answer. Handily Mrs. Woody's tooth brush was about so that came in useful! Hope she doesn't read this!

3D printed diesel loco

With the paint removed it was time to reapply some white undercoat.

3D printed diesel loco

With the loco body attached to a piece of wood using some masking tape airbrushing could begin.

3D printed diesel loco

The finished job!

3D printed diesel loco

3D printed diesel loco

Next up is the top coat. Do I attempt the orange again or something different?

For those of you worried about Mrs. W's well being toothbrush wise I can reveal that it had been thrown out before I got my hands on it - but she does now have a nice electric tooth brush which would be good at cleaning up model parts!

No comments:

Post a Comment