Search this blog

Sunday, May 26, 2024

Grab it!

Thinking about the loco and my own experiences of getting on and off real locos, there was a need for some grab handles by the cab door. No problem I thought as I grabbed some brass wire. Then I realised I needed to make sure they were all the same size and that any holes I drilled in the loco body were going to be in the right place. Making the handles the right size was easy enough as I bent the wire around a conveniently sized bit of wood. Getting the holes in the right place required a templet. So with a scrap piece of plastic card two holes were drilled that matched the handles. 

3D printed diesel loco

Using that against the loco cab, I could drill holes in the right place! A bit of superglue and some choice words as a result of them being fiddly to fit saw the grab handles fitted.

3D printed diesel loco

The cab interior built yesterday also got a spray of white and the details just need picking out. The grill also got painted red just to add some variation to the Lemon Yellow! 

I do like the way the grab handles have come out. 

More to do yet but coming along. If I can grab a moment or two in the next few days I might see it finished!

3D printed diesel loco

3D printed diesel loco

 

No comments:

Post a Comment