Search this blog

Thursday, May 23, 2024

Lemon yellow!

I made my mind up! I was not going to risk the orange paint again so went for Tamiya's Lemon Yellow. As you can see it went on through the airbrush much better than the orange. The 3D print still has a couple of defects in it but I can live with that and with an eventual matt finish they will be less visible.

Whilst the yellow is a nice colour it does need some contrast so the buffer beams were masked up.

3D printed diesel loco

3D printed diesel loco

Then Tamiya red was airbrushed on.

3D printed diesel loco

3D printed diesel loco

With the masking removed, cab roof temporarily on and placed on the chassis it looks all very different and in my view looks good!

3D printed diesel loco

There was still some red paint in the airbrush so I got the 3D printed telephone box out.

3D printed telephone box

and gave that a quick blast of paint - nice!

3D printed telephone box


No comments:

Post a Comment