Search this blog

Saturday, May 18, 2024

Say cheese!

DJ Class 71

I do take a few photos of model trains but no matter how life like I think they are I have never said 'Say cheese' to any of them! Well the DJ Class 71 that I recently bought was due to be DCC chipped today but having dragged the ever suffering Mrs. Woody around various model railway shows I thought it was time to delay that task and take her out to something that she was really interested in - The Melton Mowbray Cheese Fest! There was enough cheese there from all over the UK and further afield for everyone who attended to find at least one they liked from the many tasting samples on offer. I had to taste a lot of samples though - and say cheese! 

Melton Mowbray Cheese Fest 2024

It was not all cheese, there were all manner of drinks....

Melton Mowbray Cheese Fest 2024

Melton Mowbray Cheese Fest 2024

...breads, cakes, pies.....

Melton Mowbray Cheese Fest 2024

...sweets

Melton Mowbray Cheese Fest 2024

...this lemon and lime tart I bought never even made it out of the hall where I bought it before I consumed it!...

Melton Mowbray Cheese Fest 2024

...and lots of people enjoying a great day!

Melton Mowbray Cheese Fest 2024

It was inevitable that we would buy some cheese as well as a few other goodies, but it would be rude not too!

On the way home with car now like a mobile branch of  Ye Olde Cheese Shoppe, I took the long way in order to put out the Rocks By Rail banners for the next events which are next Bank Holiday weekend! Time flies as they say!

Rocks by Rail Museum,

Whilst putting one set of banners out I heard a rather strange skyward emanating sound and looking up say this rather incredible site of 19 similar airplanes flying in formations. They looked like Chipmunk trainers but I am no real expert but no doubt Mr. Beecham will be able to put me right with his vast aircraft knowledge. No where is that cheese????

No comments:

Post a Comment