Search this blog

Thursday, May 9, 2024

Long Term Projects!

What better way to spend a warm May day than at the Rocks By Rail Museum. Mrs. Woody probably has different ideas but for me it was an ideal day! First off I found that there had been some movements in the Restoration Shed with the long term project by John of the rebuilt 3 plank wagon now in service as a coal wagon. I just hope it looks as good in a few months time!

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

So what has filled the space in the shed? Well Mr. D, another long term project, is now inside and being worked on.

Rocks by Rail Museum

Main attention is to his engine at the moment.

Rocks by Rail Museum

As with all long term projects where the item was dismantled years ago by people no longer with the Museum it is difficult to pick up what needs to be done and what goes where! However with knowledgeable people about like Richard, Andy, John and John, it should eventually get there....

Rocks by Rail Museum

Especially when Riley the dog is on the case - I think he was wondering when lunch was going to happen!

Rocks by Rail Museum

For me it was another day of the long term project of grass cutting - once I fixed the mower which jammed up doe to a stone!

Rocks by Rail Museum

Things are moving on with Sundew's cab with Pam and Pete getting to grips with the outside paintwork which should make a real difference, again on this long term project!

Rocks by Rail Museum

I have also started to dismantle this slightly oversized pile of branches and hedge bits that has been created over three years - mainly by me as my long term project!

Rocks by Rail Museum

I filled one of those one ton builders bags with off cuts and dragged it down to the burning pit. It is going to be a slow job but if I do a bag a week I might have cleared it by the end of the opening season! Now that is a long term project!

Rocks by Rail Museum

 

No comments:

Post a Comment