Search this blog

Monday, May 27, 2024

Too tall!

Time to find a driver figure for the 3D printed diesel loco. My first choice was a figure I had already painted some time ago and looked right. However mounting him in the cab showed that the roof would have to be left off if he was going to stay! Not ideal!

3D printed diesel loco

Luckily I had some more figures in the form of these unpainted ones from Slaters. They actually loo more H0 scale than 00 but that was ideal. A measure confirmed that they would fit and allow the roof to be fitted!

3D printed diesel loco

With a bit of painting I have two figures available once cu from the sprue. I have also painted the floor of the interior and the footplate as well as using some highlighting various parts with silver paint. All very subtle but it all goes into making the model that bit better.

3D printed diesel loco


No comments:

Post a Comment