Search this blog

Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Be prepared!

I was a Scout in my early years so that motto of Be Prepared does actually bring back memories mainly of not being prepared! However you live and learn as the saying goes which is what I try to do to stay one step ahead of Mrs. Woody! Doesn't work very well though as she still manages to be two steps ahead of me most of the time. 

Being prepared today I had my phone ready to take this photo of a stunning rainbow which formed whilst I was out on my bike ride this morning. 

Rainbow

Not much time for model making today but in my Be Prepared mode I have ordered some materials which arrived today for my Last Great Project so that I have them in stock ready for when the time comes. 

I have some ballast, point motor wiring, a CPU (Capacitor Discharge Unit) and some toggle switches to switch the points once I build a control panel. Of course with my speed of progress there is more chance of finding the end of the rainbow then getting these items used by Christmas I have to be prepared that these items are likely to have gained a good coating of dust before being used but as I am always prepared I do have a duster in my Man Cave! Just don't tell Mrs. W!

My Last Great Project,


No comments:

Post a Comment