Search this blog

Saturday, November 12, 2022

Infilling.

It is slow progress but the polystyrene formers for the valley sides are just about done on my 00 gauge layout. All that was left to do was infill the arches of the two viaducts. Using the templets that I had made from the Cornflake box (other cereals for your breakfast delight are available) to cut the main valley sides I was able to get more or less the right profile. Luckily I found the bread knife!

My Last Great Project,

The two middle arches need a little more work on the profiles but I have ideas in my mind (never a good sign as Mrs. Woody would say) for a canal/river and road/lane so that will probably develop over the next few days.

My Last Great Project,

That train in the background is a Hornby model of Northern Rail's Royal Air Force 100th Anniversary Class 156 DMU. A fantastic model of the real thing and with a real relevance to me as my Dad spent most of his working life in the RAF.

Hornby Northern Rail RAF Class 156

I bought this back in 2020 during the pandemic and recall thinking whether Hornby and other manufactures would ever produce more models. At the time I don't think any of us really knew what the future would hold.

Hornby Northern Rail RAF Class 156

It looks good in its box and but its even better on the layout which is where models really belong.

Hornby Northern Rail RAF Class 156

Better get that bread knife back to where it belongs or Mrs. W will be infilling me!

No comments:

Post a Comment