Search this blog

Wednesday, November 23, 2022

The grass is growing!

As it is late November the grass outside shouldn't be growing and my lawn mower, cosy in its Winter hibernation in the shed, hopes that is the case. However in Woody's World in his man cave grass has been growing as I begin to bring some life to the valley sides.

I am using a static grass applicator to put an initial layer of short grass made up of 2mm long winter grass fibers and fine turf on the valley sides. Once this is done it will give a base layer to apply some more varied vegetation. Generally in the sort of location that I am trying to recreate the vegetation will be unkempt and wild!

My Last Great Project

The static grass applicator provides a static charge to the grass fibers as they are shaken through a mesh at the bottom end of the tool. The red wire is connected to the area being grassed and the PP9 battery in the applicator completes the circuit and as the grass fibers leave the  tool it is statically charged so that it stands upright in the glue applied to the area to be grassed. There is a special glue which is supposed to be electrically conductive.

My Last Great Project

My Last Great Project

My Last Great Project

Leaving this to dry overnight before going any further. Hope it doesn't grow too much!



No comments:

Post a Comment