Search this blog

Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Time to reflect.

Ever since last night when I had finished the plastering of the valley sides I had a thought in the back of my mind that I had missed something. As Mrs. Woody was off today as well we had a day out where I had time to reflect on that thought. 

It was a wet and misty day so much so that the top of this TV transmitter mast was invisible in the low lying cloud. A bit like my mind at that time!


Waltham TV mast

We eventually ended up at another garden center attached to a gift shop! Almost Ground Hog day after yesterday. My eye was however caught by a couple of things. This old child's Raleigh tricycle was just parked in the garden center. It probably dates from the 50's/60's and had a magical patina about it displaying that it had provided hours of fun to its previous owners. 

Raliegh child's tricycle

Raliegh child's tricycle

In the car park was this modern VW van or Dub as I believe such things are known in the VW world hence the number plates relevance.

VW Woody dub

However getting closer I knew why it had attracted me - Woody!  Maybe a sign my mind was clearing?

VW Woody dub

Mrs. Woody and me had a purchesless (that amazed me) perusal of the rest of the garden center which was great for my wallet before returning to WMD HQ.  

Having had time to reflect on what I had missed on the valley sides I realised i needed to move both viaducts closer to the outside edge of the baseboard. Why? Well I need to put two platforms for the station on the rear most board. Having concentrated on the opposite board I had totally forgotten to check that all was OK on the back board. At present there is room for two 4cm wide platforms or in real size 10 feet/3m. That is not very wide and given the platforms will be about 6 foot/2m long they would look strange.

THe platforms will go between the second and third tracks from the right of the picture and the fourth and fifth tracks.

My Last Great Project

Distance between tracks 2 and 3.

My Last Great Project

Distance between tracks 4 and 5.

My Last Great Project

On the opposite board I have about 7.5cm between the track and the edge of the baseboard so I can gain about 4 cm if I revise the landscape and move the viaducts over.

My Last Great Project

That will give me an extra 2cm for each platform bringing their width in real life to a more realistic 15 foot/4.8m. Whilst this will mean there is some undoing of some of my work done so far it is much better to discover at this stage then in a few weeks time when the destruction element would be much greater. Reflection and time for it, even if it means going to a garden center, can indeed be a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment