Search this blog

Thursday, November 24, 2022

Wilding!

A strange word but one that has come into favor over the last few years as ecologists and environmentalists try to turn back time and return habitats to pre human industrialisation times. Well whilst not strictly wilding in those terms I am trying to wild the valley sides of my 00 gauge layout so that they look unkempt, natural and hopefully realistic. Using a variety of Woodland Scenic products I have been adding vegetation. Whether this wilding will succeed is open to debate but here are some photos of progress so far.

My Last Great Project

My Last Great Project

My Last Great Project

I have been using dilute PVA glue to soak the various products so they look a bit shiny at the moment but once dry the should look better. At the moment nothing has been fixed down to the baseboard which means at the moment I can have better access to areas of the valley side - working smarter not harder as I get older! Once I have got the wilding done then it will be time to start fixing things down and merging the tops of the valley side into the main baseboard tops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment