Search this blog

Saturday, November 26, 2022

The waiting game.

As written about over the past few blogs I have been doing work on wilding the valley sides of my 00 gauge layout. I have used a lot of diluted PVA glue to stick things down. Brilliant when it dries but when it is cold it takes ages to dry! Even following the heating with Mrs. Woody's hair dryer yesterday the glue in many places has yet to dry. If I carry on with any further work at the moment on this area of the layout I risk damaging what I have already done. I really can't do any other areas of the layout until this is done as the alignment of the rest of the track is dependent on lining up with the new position of the viaducts. So I am having to play the waiting game which could be several days yet. I may bring the section into the warmth of the house when Mrs. W is out on Monday but I have to be aware that there are several inquisitive cats who could either see it as a new scratching post or some funky new type of litter box! I will think about that option!

As I was out in the man cave and I have created chaos over the past few weeks I decided it was time to at least clear some space on my workbench.


Workbench tidy

After a bit of a half hearted tidy I can at least see the cutting mat!

Workbench tidy

Something I did come across in my tidying activity were these two Metcalfe card kits which I was fortunate enough to win in the Tombola at the Sleaford Model Makers Show last week. I should be able to make use of these and they are nice kits. The tower block is a fairly new kit too!.

Sleaford model makers show

Despite a desire to start building these I will not! I don't need any more projects on the go at the moment so for the moment it is back to the waiting game!

No comments:

Post a Comment