Search this blog

Monday, November 7, 2022

Putting a bed in the viaduct!

The Metcalfe viaduct now has a track bed. Yesterday I sealed the underside of the track bed pieces with a sanding sealer which waterproofs the cardboard. Today I did the upper side just to make sure it really is all sealed. Once dry it was time to fasten the various sheets to the main structure of the viaduct. There were one or two places where joins needed a bit of reinforcing with scrap cardboard.

Metcalfe Viaduct Kit

Metcalfe Viaduct Kit

Once the sheets were glued in place things looked a lot better. These may only be small steps but at least this project is moving forward. 

Metcalfe Viaduct Kit

Next stage is to get the various parapets and coping stones in place. In my tidying and sorting of the garage (hope you read that Mrs. Woody!) I did uncover these polystyrene sheets which I saved from a delivery of something or other which Mrs. W no doubt ordered! However it should be good to create some landscape around the viaduct when I get to that stage. 

Metcalfe Viaduct Kit

However it was now time to run a few trains! I do like this picture below - somehow I managed to get the impression of speed with the passing DMU in the background. No idea how I did it so it will probably ne a one off picture! The parapets are only temporarily in place.

Metcalfe Viaduct Kit

A bit later this class52 Western travels in the opposite direction.

Metcalfe Viaduct Kit

I must admit to feeling shattered today so I will be looking forward to putting myself in bed tonight!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment