Search this blog

Monday, November 28, 2022

Home in the warm!

It was one of those damp cold days that probably feels colder than it really is. However whatever temperature it is it is not warm enough in the man cave for the landscaping on the valley sides of my 00 gauge layout to dry. Luckily it is not glued down to the baseboard although given the current issue that glue would not be dry either. Never the less it was easy enough to bring it into the house when Mrs. Woody left and it has a nice window view above a radiator to hopefully fully dry. I have closed the room off to cats so the only threat to it from feline claws is the pottery cat peeking round the curtains which is a risk I ma willing to take!

My Last Great Project

Meanwhile attention now turns to the pair of Metcalf viaducts which need finishing and weathering before being installed in place. Given that weathering methods and materials take better on a rough surface I have sprayed the viaducts and remaining parts in Tamiya matt varnish. You realise just how big these structures are after you spray two bottles worth of the stuff to cover everything.

Metcalfe Viaduct Kit,

Hopefully I can begin to make a bit more progress again - then again I don't think it is going to warm up any time soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment