Search this blog

Tuesday, November 29, 2022

In the cold but learning new things!

A cold day at the Rock sby Rail Museum today and I was out in it! 

Since I was last there progress has been made on Harriot the JCBs step.

Rocks by Rail Museum

One thing I found out today is that there is a drivers door - never knew that! Not much of a door but it is a door! Not even time for a full paint job for Harriot....

Rocks by Rail Museum

She is being pressed into service to start some more ballast washing with the oversized washing machine! Oh joy - cold water splashing about all over me no doubt!

Rocks by Rail Museum

Meanwhile Mr. D the shunter is awaiting a refurbishment of its hydraulic transmission hence he is parked over the pit. Hopefully he will be operational next year.

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

One of those interesting things is to see the chain drive which I had not noticed before. 

Rocks by Rail Museum

Back with my vegetation butchery I continued clearing around the weighbridge office building. I also cleared all the mess from under the rail trolley. I didn't realise this had a brake but having to move it I did learn that it has one and how to make it work! As usual some before and after photos.

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

I might have been cold in body but my mind was warm with all the new knowledge I picked up today! 


No comments:

Post a Comment