Search this blog

Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Cutting back.

Much as Mrs. Woody would like to see me cut back on spending this cutting back relates to my day at The Rocks By Rail Museum. Following on from last week my battles with nature continued as I cut back more bushes and hedges that have narrowed some paths. Slowly I am winning the battle although it will grow back next year but that is something for Future Woody to deal with. I don't envy that guy!

In my inevitable way before and after photos show my vegetation butchery!

Rocks by Rail Museum,

Rocks by Rail Museum,

Meanwhile in the restoration shed where I visited whilst it was raining, Rob was tackling the broken step on Harriot the JCB. I have no idea where the name originates from but it sort of suits this JCB! Much rust cut back, much new metal, welding and grinding are taking place so the new step will probably outlast the rest of Harriot!

Rocks by Rail Museum,

Rocks by Rail Museum,

Rocks by Rail Museum,

Rocks by Rail Museum,

Back at WMD HQ I have managed to do a bit more on the Metcalfe Viaduct kits and one now has the basic parapets in place. I need to do some fettling before adding the various coping stones but it is looking good!

Metcalfe Viaduct Kit,

After this busy day I won't be cutting back on my dinner tonight although I do have to cook it!


No comments:

Post a Comment