Search this blog

Saturday, June 17, 2023

Cake time!

 Mrs. Woody and me went back to Easton Walled Gardens today. Our last trip a few weeks ago was great but made even better by the home made Victoria Sponge and Lemon Drizzle cakes that we bought. So todays visit was into the ticket office and straight to the cake counter to make sure we got what we wanted again! Having secured said cakes we left them in a bag with the staff and went off for a wander round. It is amazing how much things in nature can change in just a few weeks. The sweet peas had really blossomed and although not my favorite flowering plant I was suitably impressed.

Easton walled gardens

I was also impressed by this smallest shed that I have ever seen!

Easton walled gardens

You could probably store a watering can and a trowel in there or preferably some cakes. Never the less despite its small size it was a quality shed!

Easton walled gardens

Having safely returned Mrs. Woody and cakes to WMD HQ I did some further work on the Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck namely the windscreen wipers and mirrors.

Firstly the widescreen wipers had to be reversed to fit the now right hand drive cab. That consisted cutting them in half and regluing at the right angle. The photos below probably illustrate what I did better then I can describe it!

The unaltered wipers on their kit sprue.

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

The top wiper is the first altered one.

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

Mirror wise I am using some reflective sheet that needs to be cut to shape. I covered the appropriate area of the sheet with masking tape so that I could apply the sheet to the plastic part prior to painting. Once painted I just need to remove the masking tape so hopefully no problems! Famous last words!

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

After all that I think I will have some cake now!

No comments:

Post a Comment