Search this blog

Saturday, June 10, 2023

Roped and exhausted!

I can put you at rest - Roped and exhausted is not the opening line of a seedy Woody novel! It does however refer to the latest work on the Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck where the rope that fastens the canvas to the cargo body has been painted and the exhaust and its various parts has been fitted to the engine and chassis.

Painting the ropes was to be blunt a real pain. Fine paint brush and magnifier were the favoured tools and the grey paint was applied as neatly as I could. I did however have the pot of green paint as used to paint the canvas to hand to tidy up the inevitable misapplications! It took a few hours to do the four sides but it did actually get easier as I went along and developed a technique and discovered that with the hot weather I needed to refresh the paint every ten minutes or so as it was drying out.

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

The exhaust and battery box cover are now in place so the last remaining cassis part is the air intake filtr box and inlet pipe to the engine.

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

Well after all that painting I am exhausted and as I have been roped into working at the Rocks By Rail Museum tomorrow I think it is time to get some shut eye!

No comments:

Post a Comment