Search this blog

Friday, June 9, 2023

Things are getting interesting!

The chassis of the Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck is just about there which means things are getting interesting on this model. 

First off the chassis straps on the fuel tank have been painted red to match the chassis. I did actually mask up the tank to do this not trusting my paint brush skills on this one.

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

At least with the masking I did not have to worry about being neat!

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

And with the masking removed there are just a couple of small touch up jobs but overall I am happy with that especially as the camera's resolution is far better then most peoples eye sight!

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

With the engine and gearbox weathered as well as the chassis it was time to start bringing parts together. The fuel tank was mounted with a couple of spots of superglue. The dual rear wheel sets have been glued together and the tread of the tyres rubbed down to give them a worn appearance. The spare wheel is mounted to the chassis as well. The engine and prop-shaft are also now glued in and this is what it looks like now - I am modestly impressed!

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

In my usual impatient way I had to test mount the cab, front valance and cargo body just to get an impression of what the finished model will look like.

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

Still lots to do but I think it is looking good!

No comments:

Post a Comment