Search this blog

Thursday, June 15, 2023

Seeing Red!

Not that I got mad and saw red but out today I saw this sight which I thought was beautiful! Not seen that many poppies in one field in this Country before.

Poppies

My journey had been to drop some things off at an auction house including this 1970s HiFi unit made by Waltham. 


Unusually for the UK not only did it have a radio, turntable and cassette player but also an 8 track player. Much as I can recall playing my meager record collection on it as a child having got permission from my Dad and it has some sentimental value I don't have the space or indeed the need for it. Hopefully someone will want it and enjoy it.

Returning to WMD HQand having done some cleaning (hope Mrs. Woody reads that!) it was back to the Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck. Work today consisted of finishing the air intake system with the filter and pipework. Also the strengthening cross brace to the chassis and the cover to the rear of the engine were fitted.

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

I have also fitted the front wings to the cab floor pan. Annoyingly, and it is my own fault, I had forgotten to fit the front of cab grab handles before painting. There have now been fitted as in the photo below. They are the grey bits just below the windscreen aperture and need painting black. Which reminds me I still need to fit the cab glass as well as the mirrors. 

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

It is nearly there and I cannot see much red of the chassis so I must be happy!




No comments:

Post a Comment