Search this blog

Sunday, June 11, 2023

Your hot!

Out early on my bike ride to a) avoid the later heat of the day and b) as I was working at the Rocks By Rail Museum for most of the day, I dropped into a local shop to pick up a newspaper. I was greeted by one of the staff saying to me 'Your hot!'  Such phraseology related to me is something you do not hear! I have a face for radio. However for a brief moment I felt flattered. Then the next four words, which came a second or two after, brought everything back to ground level for me when the words 'from your bike ride' were uttered! Oh well - Woody is not a pin up!

Back to the reality of the Museum, if you have ever been on a sunny day you may well appreciate the suntrap the line is. Today was no exception with temperatures outside around 30C to 32C (almost 90F) on the concrete areas. Despite the heat enticing many to visit the cooler coast there were still a fair number of visitors. Steam always attracts the visitors and that is what was running today which I guess, unlike me, really makes steam hot in so many ways!

Rocks by Rail Museum

It may be a fairly open cab but it was hot in there. You can see the discarded drinks cans to the right of the firebox where the crew attempted to keep hydrated. 

Rocks by Rail Museum

However by this afternoon Stephen and Thomas had to seek shade and cool off!

Rocks by Rail Museum

That gave the rest of us a chance to do the same without looking as though we were slacking!

Trevor, John and Geoff take a brake by the brake van!

Rocks by Rail Museum

Trevor probably thinking a cooling pint in the pub beer garden would be nice!

Rocks by Rail Museum

However in the cool of the Sundew Cafe although there were plenty of snacks and cakes, ice creams were a good seller with stocks reduced to just two. I will need to replenish that next week.

Rocks by Rail Museum

This sort of weather brings out the topless cars but George not having such a vehicle has the next best thing with his cab-less Fergie tractor - brilliant!

Rocks by Rail Museum

Looks like I could be hot in temperature terms tomorrow from the weather forecast!



No comments:

Post a Comment