Search this blog

Sunday, June 4, 2023

Slow down for the details but will I get distracted?

I am at the stage with the Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck where it is time to do all the small details. Such things as steps, air horns, pipes, wheel trims and the list goes on! It is also a point in the build where if I am not careful I loose interest and in my easily distracted way disappear off with another project! I have so many to be distracted by! Anyone who has read this blog before may recall the Heller Scania 141LB that I started and progressed with initial speed at the beginning of 2022. 

Heller Scania 141 LB

It is so close to being finished but it is not! I got distracted onto something else! Anyway it is on the list of my (not Mrs. Woody's) jobs to do. 

Back to the Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck and I am holding firm in progressing it! The engine has had the two filters painted white and blue and the fan is now yellow ready to be attached to the pulleys and fan belt which will then allow the radiator to be added once the hoses are prepared! You can see how things slow down. The interior door trims have also been painted to match the rest of the interior..

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

The yellow parts in the picture below are the cab steps and airhorns. The other parts are related to the various covers over the rear of the engine on the chassis. What I need to do with them all is to paint them black and then for the yellow parts paint them aluminum. If I don't paint them black first the aluminum paint will never cover the yellow. As the only real way to paint these small detailed parts is by airbrushing them I am also trying to identify all the other parts that need to be painted black so I only need to clean out the airbrush once! Identifying the parts can also take time and then they all need to be prepared for paint with the sprue attachment points and mould marks removed. Can you blame me for getting distracted?

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck


No comments:

Post a Comment