Search this blog

Monday, June 5, 2023

Putting my head down!

Putting my head down sounds like I have decided to get some additional sleep. However far from it (especially if Mrs. Woody is reading this) as in this case I have been putting my head down and getting on with the Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck. After yesterdays post about getting distracted my mind must have focused in on the task in hand and today the engine/gearbox/radiator have more or less been finished - amazing!!!!

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

It even fits in the chassis without having to bend or twist anything - double amazing!!!!

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

I have to admit having built many of Italeri's truck kits over the years I am impressed by the way the radiator, hoses and engine block all fit. Equally I am also impressed by the hoses having a reasonable representation of the jubilee clips that are used to hold them in place. I just wish my painting skills could do them justice.

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

I even had time to paint the yellow parts which make up the cab steps and airhorns firstly in black followed by a coat of aluminum. Triple amazing!

If I manage to keep my head down a bit longer this kit could end up finished soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment