Search this blog

Thursday, June 8, 2023

The weather is nice so I will do some weathering!

After a bit of a dull start and a bike ride that was not the warmest mid morning the sun came out and it began to warm up. I had planned a day of sorting things out in the WMD HQ loft and garage which Mrs. Woody refers to as the junk repositories but the weather just said come outside. So I did! So that Mrs. W does not think I frivolously wasted a day sun bathing I did cut the hedges and did some weeding. I did at one point wonder whether WMD HQ was going to have an over night visitor when I found this young crow that seemed lost.

Crows

My temporary guest however made his way up to the greenhouse roof after an hour and was crowing which attracted his mother and off they went.

Crows

Congratulating myself on a good job done and won't Mrs. W be impressed and that my potential overnight guest had found his mother, I had a leisurely hour in the man cave to get out of the sun - don't want heat stroke from my exertions! 

Todays job was to start weathering the engine and chassis of the Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck. It is not a pristine truck but is cared for so is generally clean but is grubby on the unseen and difficult to reach parts. At the moment I am using my favoured dilute black wash to highlight edges and bolts.

Before...

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck,

After.

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck,

Subtle but it makes a difference.

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck,

Looks like the weather will be good tomorrow as well so looks like I will be doing more weathering! This is getting confusing!

No comments:

Post a Comment