Search this blog

Friday, June 2, 2023

The green, green DAF truck!

In yesterdays post I highlighted my interior design skills or more to the point lack of them! I also made mention that the canvas part of the cargo body of the Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck needed a contrasting green to the metal lower sides - all part of my exterior design skills or indeed lack of those too! Well I have painted the canvas part and to be honest I like the contrasting green and how it works overall. Having looked through the WMD HQ paint store Tamiya XF26 deep Green was selected as a suitable colour and after some careful masking of the gloss green lower panels it was airbrushed on. 

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

 I still need to paint the underside of the body which will be aluminum applied over a black undercoat. The body and cab will need decals nad I have some for a UK company that should work well - hopefully!  

As I write this a YouTube video from the WMD What's On My Bench series is uploading and should be available showing where I am up to with this kit. If you need a cure for insomnia this will be it!



No comments:

Post a Comment