Search this blog

Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Seeking coolness!

Tuesday and its a day at Rocks By Rail where mower, hedge trimmer and me pit our stamina against the sun and heat. The sun and heat eventually won against me, the mower and hedge trimmer could have gone on, but not until I had at least carried out a fair amount of vegetational butchery!

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

The strange thing is that you would think in such heat and sunshine a building made out of corrugated iron would be like a large scale oven. However the restoration shed is like stepping into a air conditioned room - lovely and cool! So I had a quiet half hour in there enjoying the coolness and doing a short video on what is in there to post on my YouTube channel.

Whilst in there I was reminded that Elizabeth the 0-4-0 steam loco is still awaiting reuniting with her cab and water saddle tank so I ventured outside to seek them out. I think it will be next year before she is finished but she will be a cool loco when finished!

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum


No comments:

Post a Comment