Search this blog

Thursday, October 12, 2023

Anthracite tiles!

One of those jobs on Mrs. Woody's list that I have put off for sometime was actually completed today. That job was paint the tiles on the front of the house. Originally a textured sand finish when the house was built in the 1970s the tiles have lost much of their texture over the years with the weather. I did paint them some years ago but even that has weathered. Having changed the front door at the beginning of the year to an Anthracite coloured one meant it made sense to change the colour of the tiles to anthracite to match. At least I could tell which tiles I had painted. Five hours saw the job done and it does look a lot better but my back does ache!

House painting

House painting

Hopefully I will be in Mrs. W's good books - for once!

Back in the Man Cave not a lot of time to continue work on the girder bridge but the second abutment is coming on and I did have the chance to pose all parts on the layout and I think it looks right - well I would!

My Last Great Project,

My Last Great Project,

Its certainly a lot easier building this then painting those tiles!


No comments:

Post a Comment