Search this blog

Friday, October 6, 2023

Plates!

Whilst I know a lot about plates, especially washing them if Mrs. Woody is reading this, the plates I am talking about here are the steel plate ones that form the sides of certain bridges.

For my model bridge it will have steel plate sides so having cut the floor of the bridge from plastic card I was then able to cut the sides to size. Replicating the construction of such plates I cut 4mm strips to fit around the edges of the plate to give the reinforcing strip that runs around such plates. In addition I then started to make some joining strips to fit along the plate. Its all a bit fiddly but somehow therapeutic! The photos probably illustrate better then I can write!

My Last Great Project

My Last Great Project

Going back to washing plates I may have earned my way out of this chore for a day or so at least as one of Mrs. Woody's jobs on her list for me to do is now done. I managed to turn this....

Fire Place

into this....

Fire Place

Even Mrs. Woody is moderately impressed! As you will no doubt note the WMD HQ fleet of cats is not just made up of the live ones but also the various novelty cats accumulated over the years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment