Search this blog

Thursday, October 26, 2023

Just like the weather it turns grey at WMD HQ!

Spraying the grey primer onto the girder bridge, the abutments and the brick parts of the signal box matched the greyness of the weather today! However just like the weather these parts will get brighter as I add colour!

My Last Great Project

The kerbs and the gullies have stood out after the primer has been applied.

My Last Great Project

The hills are still drying - well the plaster is so I cannot do anything with them at the moment.

My Last Great Project

I will be ballasting more track soon so I tidied up the shoulders of the underlay which in places I had not cut particularly accurately. Lesson learnt! However all I did was cut the glued down ballast back to the track sleepers and scraped it off. I had cut a thin strip of the underlay material which in my working smarter not harder philosophy I pre sanded to a 45 degree angle before gluing it to the edge of the existing underlay. Being a thin strip it did bend easily enough.

My Last Great Project

The finished job

My Last Great Project

Before I can ballast the track I need to glue it down so time was spent getting it to flow correctly before PVA was applied under the sleepers and weighed down with an assortment of things lying around the Man Cave - Lucky I have all this junk valuable material to hand!

My Last Great Project

Things will hopefully be brighter tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment