Search this blog

Monday, October 9, 2023

Saving money!

I will talk about saving money later but first off with the weather being more like it should have been in June, I ventured to the Rocks By Rail Museum. The event of the year is on Sunday and the grass areas where visitors walk has not seen my attention for three weeks or so! Therefore, after a couple of weeks of fun with the dragline excavator it was back to the more mundane mower! The grass had certainly grown but at least it is now looking a bit more cultivated then before after several hours of work! The temptation of getting on that dragline in the background was hard to resist but I did!

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

Meanwhile in the restoration shed John has been busy painting the chassis of the to be 3 plank wagon. It certainly looks smart. It is now waiting the return of the refurbished springs that should be back this week so it mat soon be finished - probably much to John's relief!

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

Meanwhile back at Man Cave the WMD HQ Stores have been searched and the stock of brick embossed plastic card uncovered ready for making bridge abutments. These were obviously purchased some time ago as the £1 price sticker evidences. As I say to Mrs. Woody when she rolls her eyes as more items are purchased - it will only cost more later on so I am actually saving money! I don't think she understands my logic!

My Last Great Project




No comments:

Post a Comment