Search this blog

Monday, October 23, 2023

Santa's Post Box!

After two weeks since my last visit there has been progress with a number of projects at Rocks by Rail Museum. I had spent most of the day retrieving advertising banners from around the area as the Museum is now shut until next Easter so it was good to catch up on things when I arrived to off load the banners and posts.

First off in the restoration shed the new wagon has made progress with the newly refurbished springs back in position.

Rocks by Rail Museum,

The wagon now has a floor!

Rocks by Rail Museum

The ever resourceful John is now adding the sides.

Rocks by Rail Museum

I'm not quiet sure how this works but John assures me that these bits of timber are a guide to getting the sides straight. Knowing John's ability to create solutions I am in no doubt that it will work even if I don't know how!

Rocks by Rail Museum

Harriot the JCB is slowly coming back to her former glory with more paint. No one will be allowed to use her once finished!

Rocks by Rail Museum

Outside, Mr. D the diesel lock is slowly coming back to life with work now going on to fix the brakes - somewhat important with a train!

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

I never kn=ew the brakes were worked by a chain!

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

In the Exhibition Center the Janus diesel is looking smart after its repaint. Just needs the connecting rods putting back on the wheels.

Rocks by Rail Museum

Singapore was the center of attraction last Tuesday with a service where white orchids, the Far East version of the poppy, were laid br relatives of those involved in the conflict back in WW2.

Rocks by Rail Museum

Whilst out looking at Mr. D I did come across this. Sadly I don't think my letter to Santa will make it if I post it there!

Rocks by Rail Museum



No comments:

Post a Comment