Search this blog

Sunday, October 22, 2023

Making hills!

After the drama of the last few days it was back to some less dramatic model making on my 00 gauge layout. This involved turning an off cut of insulation foam, rescued from the skip during the building work at WMD HQ at the beginning of the year, into a hill or two.

My Last Great Project

I have never used this foam before to make scenery having usually used polystyrene. I have been told this foam is much easier and cleaner to deal with rather than polystyrene but I am not sure given the amount of cleaning I had to do to get to this stage! Both materials carve easily enough and whereas with polystyrene you end up with small spheres of the stuff that cling to everything, with the other foam you get a fine dust that covers everywhere! I guess you could say both are as good and as bad as each other!

My Last Great Project

It is beginning to take some shape now and hopefully with the structures the landscaping should turn this once bare baseboard into something much more interesting! 

If only I could make a hill to put my Man Cave on safe from flooding!

No comments:

Post a Comment