Search this blog

Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Parapet!

Having discovered my money saving stock of embossed plastic sheet that Mrs. woody would have classed as junk, it was time to construct the first of the two bridge parapets. First off a card substructure was constructed out of mounting board.

My Last Great Project

Next I needed some supporting columns that were cut from the embossed sheet. With care the brick courses line up which does make a difference if you look closely.

My Last Great Project

I built four of these as I will need two for the other parapet.

My Last Great Project

I have added internal bracing as the embossed sheet is not that thick and does bow.

My Last Great Project

The card substructure was encased in embossed sheet.

My Last Great Project

Where the bridge deck and girders sit on the parapet i added what is supposed to be a stone or concrete bed using plain plastic card. Once painted it will stand out from the brick. I have leant one of the supporting columns roughly where it will finally be placed.

My Last Great Project

Building this first parapet has taken some time as I have had to work out how it all goes together and the dimensions of the various parts. The second parapet should take a lot less time - famous last words!

No comments:

Post a Comment