Search this blog

Saturday, October 7, 2023

Bridge deck!

The steel girder bridge for my 00 gauge My Last Great Project Layout is coming on to the point that the bridge deck actually looks like a bridge deck! I added a card road surface to the plastic card bridge deck. Onto that I added footways either side cut to a suitably narrow width - footpaths across older bridges were never that wide! Before adding the footways I used the back of a scalpel blade to emboss the kerbs. You can just about make the detail out in the second photo. It should show a lot better once painted. I have also started detailing the bridge plates with jointing strips made up of a cut strip of plastic card and then some Slaters strip added along the middle. From a distance it looks OK!

My Last Great Project

My Last Great Project


No comments:

Post a Comment